Sunday, October 22, 2006

Red hair

It began with just a hair cut. Barbara and I decided we were in desperate need of hair cuts. She asked Maggie (a Chinese student that has a cute haircut) where we should go to get hair cuts. There are many places around the university but evidently those aren't good. So Maggie took us into town to this guy who ended up being awesome.
We get there and somehow I'm convinced to get my hair colored as well. If figure why not - I'm in China.
So the stylist comes up and points to a color that I should color my hair. I figure he knows more than I do and what's the worst that could happen?
After I have my color I sit down in the chair (I've told him nothing about how I want it cut) and he starts to walk around me. He takes about 5 minutes just looking at my hair. He would touch it, then step back and look. It was kinda funny actually. He then turns to Maggie and tells her to tell me that I need a new hair style and is it ok if he cuts it shorter. Sure, why not.
Then come the scissors and he starts chopping away. In the end I really like it, especially the way he styled it with a little gel. It gave the style a little more body and edge. Now I just need to learn how to style it that way myself.
So overall a good haircut experience - despite the fact he spoke no English and I spoke no Chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home